Your own base, your own toppings and your own favourite combinations of flavors, what more could you want!
Although a scone based pizza is easier and faster, the yeast base is truly delicious and worth the effort. The different combinations are endless, you will never tire of this pizza!
This recipe makes two 12 inch pizzas.
350g Strong Flour
2 tsp Sugar
7g Fast action Yeast
200ml Warm Water
150g Cheddar Cheese
1 can Tomatoes
1 tsp Tomato Puree
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Mixed herbs
1 tbls Balsamic Vinegar
and anything else you fancy!
1. Preheat oven the 180c. Sieve the flour into a large bowl along with the salt. Rub in the butter with your fingertips.
2. Add the sugar and yeast and stir the mixture. Then add in the warm water slowly. Do not add it all at once.
3. Stir with a knife until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
4. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes on a floured board. The dough should be soft and springy to touch.
5. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Put the bowl in a warm place for 2-3 hours for the dough to rise.
6. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 10 minutes. Blend the sauce and set aside.
7. When the dough has risen, knock it back down. Divide the dough in two and roll each out into a 12 inch circle.
8. Dust each side with semolina if desired. Place the dough onto a tin. I used an upturned circular dish dusted with flour. (makes it easier to slide off after)
9. Place a few tablespoons of the sauce onto the pizza base and spread it out. Add enough so that it covers the base, put is not too thick.
10. Sprinkle half of each of the cheeses onto the bases. Then add the toppings of your choice. Then finish with the remaining cheeses.
11. Place the pizzas into the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the dough is lightly brown.
12. Remove once cooked and slide off the tin. Cut into slices and eat straight away.
- Ham and cheese
- Four types of different cheeses
- Tuna and olives
- Ham and pineapple
- Chorizo and red onion
- Chicken and peppers