Yes you read that correctly.. No meat, but packed with vegetables. As in, your five a day in one slice! Ok, maybe not five, but definitely alot!
This recipe is one of my favourites! Very different I know, it certainly isn't for everyone. But, you must try it!
Infact, this recipe is from a teacher of mine. A few years ago we had to do this as an assignment. I had never made it before, but I was interested in trying it out! So my partner and me got together to decide on what vegetables we could stick into this dish. Surprisingly alot!
2 cloves Garlic
1 Cans chopped Tomatoes
4 florets Broccoli
1/3 Butternut squash
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Yellow Pepper
2tbls chopped Parsley
125ml Red Wine
250g Lasagne sheets
1. Preheat oven to 190c.
2. Heat some oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Prepare all vegetables according to kind. Add some oil to a pan and on a medium heat cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Then add in the tomato sauce, wine and parsley. Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Spread out one third of the vegetable sauce on the surface of a lasagne dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread one third of the ricotta on the lasagne sheets and sprinkle on one third of the mozzarella.
6. Repeat this layering twice more, finishing with the cheeses. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the cheeses are golden and the sauce is bubbling.