Thursday, 25 July 2013

Strawberry and Banana Smoothie

As you may know, I just spent the last two weeks in Turkey. I had an amazing time with the sun beating down everyday. One thing I loved is the endless supply of fresh fruit available nearby. All the shops had displays of the freshest fruit. Also with two weekly markets, they were easy to find.

For me, smoothies became a ritual every day. Using the organic fresh fruit, I prepared them almost each morning for breakfast. The list of combinations were endless and I loved their uniqueness.

Today, I will show you how to prepare a strawberry and banana smoothie. This is my favourite. These can be found in most smoothie bars here, however that can be quite expensive. This is why it is always good to know how to do it yourself.

Ingredients:

Two handfuls of Strawberries
1 Banana
2 Apricots
3 Oranges
Ice

Method:

1. Prepare all the strawberries, banana and apricots and place in the blender.


 2. Juice the oranges and add to the fruit.


3. Then add as much ice as you wish. I like mine cold, so I always add a lot.

4. Blitz and enjoy. This mix made four large glasses.


Variations:

- You could add add a teaspoon of honey for a sweet taste
- Frozen yogurt gives a nice creamy taste
- Frozen fruits automatically makes the mix colder, great for the summer.

Siobhán
x


No comments:

Post a Comment