I knew I must celebrate the day (much to my delight) with a cheesecake. So as I rooted through the fridge and pantry, I discovered lemons and thought, hey, lemon cheesecake it is! So I rolled up my sleeves and got cracking! Enjoy :)
120g Digestive Biscuits
200g Cream Cheese
25g Icing Sugar
1 Lemon (juice and zest)
Splash of Double Cream
I used a 7 and 1/2 inch circular tin
1. Blend the biscuits in a food processor until they have broken down finely.
2. Melt the butter. Add to the biscuits and mix.
3. Tip the biscuits into a lined tin and press down until even. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. Add all the ingredients for the cheese mixture into a bowl.
5. Beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until thick.
6. Pour out onto the prepared base and level it evenly.
7. Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
Now you are complete! I really is a very simple to make and you will have it ready in no time. Let me know your favourite cheesecake recipes! Will you be celebrating National Cheesecake Day?