Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Lemon Cheesecake - National Cheesecake Day

So like most mornings, when I woke up today I checked my social networking sites and emails. It wasn't long until I discovered that it was NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY! I was beyond happy as I adore nothing more than a succulent cheesecake of any flavor. Over the past few years I have made strawberry cheesecakes to Malteser cheesecakes and I knew I would be devouring another today!

I knew I must celebrate the day (much to my delight) with a cheesecake. So as I rooted through the fridge and pantry, I discovered lemons and thought, hey, lemon cheesecake it is! So I rolled up my sleeves and got cracking! Enjoy :)

Ingredients:

Base:
120g Digestive Biscuits
40g Butter

Cheese Mixture:
200g Cream Cheese
25g Icing Sugar
1 Lemon (juice and zest)
Splash of Double Cream

I used a 7 and 1/2 inch circular tin

Method:

Base:

1. Blend the biscuits in a food processor until they have broken down finely.

2. Melt the butter. Add to the biscuits and mix.

3. Tip the biscuits into a lined tin and press down until even. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.



Cheese Mixture:

4. Add all the ingredients for the cheese mixture into a bowl.


5. Beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until thick.


6. Pour out onto the prepared base and level it evenly.



7. Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.


Now you are complete! I really is a very simple to make and you will have it ready in no time. Let me know your favourite cheesecake recipes! Will you be celebrating National Cheesecake Day?

Siobhán
x

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say Hi and that your lemon cheesecake looks so delicious! Have a great day! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete