These cookies and soft, chewy and really chocolaty, just what you want. I also have a recipes for amazing double chocolate chip cookies, which I will share soon.
These cookies are fantastic. It includes basic ingredients, easy to prepare and also make a big batch. I often make these and place some raw mixture in the freezer for another time. They taste just as good. Also these cookies, unlike some, taste great the next day. They are great straight from the oven, with the chocolate oozing from them, but they are also lovely cold, with the chocolate chips hard. The dough is great the next day also as it remains soft, unlike some which go crispy. These stay tasty for about 3 days, provided they are in an air-tight container.( if they last that long!)
This recipe is an adapted recipe from Levain Bakery.
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter
3/4 cup and 4 tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
1. Sieve the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the butter until soft. Then add both sugars and beat again.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
4. Gradually add the dry mix into the wet, beating well after each addition.
5. Then, with a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Using two teaspoons, scoop out the mix and place on a baking tray. Put six scoops on each tray (depending on size). Make sure they are well spread out as they spread when cooking.
7. Then place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. When cooked, remove from oven and leave the settle for a few minutes. Then using a fish slice, place on a wire rack.
|The final product|
Then watch them disappear. Enjoy these fabulous little cookies full of chocolate and full of flavour.